Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Zentangle Challenge #71 - A stitched notebook


Go here to view more information about this week's challenge: http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/2012/05/weekly-challenge-71.html . I was able to try something this week I have wanted to do for a while, and that is to combine several hobbies into one project. I love to stitch, make craft items, draw Zentangles, and re-purpose common items. I've had some time this week to work on it and here is the result: a stitched Zentangle inspired notebook!


Lately, I have been keeping sturdy food packaging boxes that have a nice color or texture on the inside. This package of drink pouches has a great brown color on the inside which becomes the cover to my notebook. And the pages of the notebook are made from paper at work from the recycle bin. I can almost always find some scrap paper with very little printing on it. You may also be interested in the notebook I made for the Iron Craft challenge as seen here: http://rebeccamadeit.blogspot.com/2012/05/iron-craft-challenge-10-in-stitches.html .

Here's several pictures of how it was made. I love how it ended up with a simple and modern look.














Thanks for visiting,
rebecca


9 comments:

  1. Wow, you have given me an idea...stitching tangles on my quilts! Your notebook cover looks wonderful! (lots of work though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative recycling! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project and it turned out so nice. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with your talent. This is neat, if I only had the patience for stitchery, which I don't.

    ReplyDelete